MANILA, Philippines , July 7, 2015
The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas has sent their confirmation email regarding the reservation of the Pope Francis commemorative coins, the email include the quantity, total price, location and the requirements to claim the orders.
as written on the email:
|Confirmation No.:||Item: 50-Piso Coin with packaging|
|Period of Claiming:||Amount to be paid: P400.00|
|Pick-up location: Cash Dept Counter Manila|
- This confirmation e-mail must be printed and presented to the teller upon claiming. Claimants must present a valid identification card.
- For authorized representatives, this confirmation e-mail must be printed and presented to the teller upon claiming together with authorization letter and valid IDs of both registered claimant and representative.
- Only cash payment is accepted. Additional orders will not be entertained.
- Confirmation e-mails for other denominations will be sent separately.
- Claiming hours is between 9:00AM to 2:00PM, Mondays to Fridays (except holidays).
- For inquiries, please contact 708-7452 or email at [email protected]
Last March BSP announced that they will be producing another set of commemorative coins dedicated for the visit of Pope Francis last January in the Phililippines.
“The commemorative coins for Pope Francis are the fastest-selling so far among the special coins minted by the BSP,” it said. BSP said that the additional production of the Pope Francis commemorative coins was approved by the Vatican, under an amended licensing agreement.
There were four Commemorative coins for the said event.
50-piso coin with packaging – selling price P100
500-piso coin in box – P1,000
1,000 piso silver coin in box – P3,500
10,000 piso gold coin in box – P25,000
reservations for Papal coins was ended on March 13, earlier than the original June 30, 2015 deadline. Coin orders made up to March 6 will be fully served as supply becomes available.
Orders received up to March 13 will be served on a pro-rata basis, depending on the actual remaining inventory.